Monday, May 18, 2015

Walking Around In My Sleep Sack

 
The past few days we have been trying to potty train B with little luck.  The problem lies with his sleep sack.  We can't seem to get him out of it.  He would wear it all day long if he had the choice.  Its to the point where I have trouble changing him into regular clothes when it's time to pick up his Big Sis (N) from school. Even the idea of getting to play outside won't change his mind about taking off his sleep sack. 

Both of our kids really love their sleep sacks.  They both have had a sleep sack since they were born. Sadly they don't make a sleep sack for infants older than a year, so I had to get to sewing.  I made N her first sleep sack when she was eighteen months old. It was summer, so I made it out of jersey knit instead of fleece.  N has had her's ever since.  Her name is Sackie and you wouldn't dare call it a boy. She tells everyone that Sackie is her sister or best friend, and sleeps with her every night.    Over time Sackie has become mangled and dingy with lots of ripped seams.  At one point, Sackie was tied in a knot. Needless to say, Sackie has been very loved.


Sackie In All Her Glory!


B is now following in the footsteps of his Big Sis.  He loves his sleep sack, too. I guess this love has turned into a fashion statement for toddlers because both kids have worn and walked around in their sleep sacks since they could walk. This love or obsession has kept me inspired for a very long time. This inspiration has led to the next drawing entry into my art journal. Once again I used graphite pencil on acrylic. 


B in His Sleep Sack.


B in His Sleep Sack Completed!


Back of Head Closeup


Left Arm Closeup


Bottom Sleep Sack Closeup





No comments:

Post a Comment