Wednesday, May 13, 2015

First Use of My Art Journal

I Found A Troll Inside


I am trying very hard to utilize my new art journal.  I'm not sure why it is so hard for me to dive right in and just draw something. Anything on a page.  I really think that fear is my biggest problem.  Why is a sheet of paper so intimidating?!

After taking a look at my first page, I found a random hair that got caught amongst the paint and gel medium.  It was in the shape of an ear, so I took my drawing from there. I started with pen and then moved to pencil.  I had forgotten that permanent pen does not work well on acrylic. It looses its ink mid drawing.  I finished drawing the ear, which was very oddly shaped, and decided to take it further to create something whimsical. After I finished the head, I really didn't want to cut the hair off at the spine, so I kept going across the page following the movement of the texture.



Face Drawn Inside Cover

Hair Drawn on Front Page

Troll Completed!


I am very proud to say that I have completed my first drawing in my art journal.  I am going to challenge myself to continue on this path to finish this, and to conquer my fear of that blank page.  I challenge you to do the same whether its an art journal or something else you are working towards.




No comments:

Post a Comment