Thursday, May 21, 2015

Its Jelly Time!

Today I've had a terrible time getting inspired.  I guess it's just one of those days, maybe it's all the rain we've had, or the lack of sleep.  Whatever this is, I'm trying to work through it, especially through drawing. I figured this would be the best time to get out my art journal. While I was flipping through the pages I have left to complete, I came upon this page.  It had a large rectangle created at the top of the page with watercolor. Once this rectangle was created, I flipped the page sideways so that it would create a dripping effect. It made me think back to the jellyfish I saw on my Pinterest feed. This would be perfect, so I got out my pens to get started. I  really enjoyed created these linear and circular patterns within the body.  As I continue to draw, I feel my mood lift, and my inspiration coming back to life all thanks to this jellyfish.



Jellyfish Complete!

Left Body Detail


Right Body Detail

Tail Closeup


If you ever feel like life has got you down or you;re in a funk, try doing something creative.  It might be just the best medicine you've ever had!







No comments:

Post a Comment