Monday, April 27, 2015

Wandering Weekend

Finding Unexpected Inspirations

I have to say, this weekend was pretty miraculous in unexpected inspirations.  To start the weekend off, I found a tiny mushroom growing in a potted plant on my kitchen window.  My daughter brought home a lemon seed one day and said, "Mommy can we plant this?" We took some soil from a leftover bag in the backyard, planted it, and put it in the kitchen window.  That was several weeks ago. Now in the pot we have a small seedling that sprouted and tiny mushroom. 


Tiny Mushroom and Seedling

The same day I was at my kitchen window again washing my hands.  I looked up and saw that a hummingbird had stopped at my window.  He fluttered in the rain while looking directly at me.  He was beautiful in his iridescent blue body and white round head.  His wings fluttered so fast that I couldn't even make them out.  By now I wish I could've gotten a picture of him fluttering there but sadly the moment passed as quickly as it came. 

Later that afternoon, I was walking to pick up my daughter from school.  I had reached the trailer where her classroom was. In a split moment I had stopped to look up because I heard a noise.  It was the brightest blue bird I had ever seen.  This blue did not remind me of a Blue Jay, so I'm not really sure what kind it was.  Plus I only got a good look at his body and not his head.  It was fluttering inside a section of the tin roof.  Then all of a sudden, it flew away as quickly as it appeared.

Saturday rolled around, and I was feeling pretty inspired by all the unexpected surprises from the day before. I headed over to do some serious art making with my artist friend and blogger, Jenny Ann Artist (jennyannartist.blogspot.com).  Every couple of weekends we get together and create without all the distractions of our everyday lives. During our creative time together, I finished the last of the three metal paintings from the photographs taken at the cabin (post called "Cabin Fever," some really great inspiration came out of that post, as well.)


Last Metal Painting, "Caterpillars and Cobwebs"

2nd Metal Painting Finished, "Chains"

One last bit of inspiration from this weekend, JennyAnnArtist introduced me to a new app that has gone viral.  Its called Huanshi LTD., "My Idol." This app is completely fantastic for us creative minds, or if you want to tear up from laughter.  In this app you take your picture, and it generates a complete likeness of your face. The likeness is very scary to say the least!   "My Idol" is all in Chinese, so it takes a few minutes of getting used to.  Once I figured it out, the sky was the limit.  I just had to create our whole family!


Ashley with Heart Hands
Ashley
Norah with Lollipop
N with Lollipop
B with Ball
B with Ball
Hubby with Gun
Hubby

My mantra all weekend was "My Mind is Blown!"  Just too much inspiration for one to handle.  The world that surrounds us contains so many things that could inspire.  If you are willing to look, inspiration will reveal itself.  What about your surroundings inspire you?  How do you use that in your daily lives?






No comments:

Post a Comment