Friday, April 10, 2015

Seven Day Sewing Challenge

Origami Kimono Style Jacket

Several years ago I made this origami jacket out of Pendleton Wool with a Native American print.  I happened to stumble across this fabric while visiting my sister in Atlanta.  This store was a fashion designers dream! They had oodles of goodies all around from fabric piled to the ceiling, to buttons galore. I was in heaven! The pattern was super easy, and I used bias tape for the hem.   I have worn this coat every winter since and nothing has compared to its warmth and style.


  


Since my return from the cabin, I have been dying to dive into the pile of cut fabric on my art table. There's a lot of work to be done to get this origami kimono style jackets and shirts finished for the spring line on my Etsy shop. I picked this type of pattern because I have a deep love for anything Asain inspired. I am also a big fan of how the pattern drapes and flows on the female body.  It all stems back to my high school days of making sculpture like lanterns and wearing baggy men's dress pants from Savers.  Blame it on the 90's I suppose.  Since I have a lot to do, I thought it would be a great idea to set up a sewing challenge. A seven day sewing challenge to be exact, so I better get to it! 




I hope you continue to join me on my seven day sewing challenge.  I think it is going to be a lot of fun.  Check back to see my progress as I plow through the pile of fabric.




No comments:

Post a Comment